Present for (Italian reading) comrades: Contropiano, '68


There is too much compelling Italian commie writing from the long 70s that is not widely available online, both in Italian and, especially, translated into English.  I'll do my part to remedy some of this from Napoli and share what I find.  In the meantime, for those who read Italian: PDFs of the complete '68 run of Contropiano.  There is seriously remarkable stuff here.  I'll put up '69 in a day or two, and I'm planning to translate Abruzzese (one of the lesser read of that generation, at least in English) on "Cinema e politica."

3 comments:

Giovanni Tiso said...

Oh, oh, oh!... sì grazie.

Giovanni Tiso said...

(Man, those ads make me want to weep.)

ECW said...

I know. There's something heartbreaking about them. A counter-public sphere that was and then was not, and was never what it might have been...